|The First Years® American Red Cross Cabinet Swing Locks
December 2, 2010 -- - The First Years is voluntarily recalling approximately 41,300 American Red Cross Cabinet Swing Locks, which are mounted on cabinet doors or drawers to help prevent young children from gaining access to contents, which may pose a potential risk of exposure to hazardous items. Children may be able to override the lock and gain access to contents of a cabinet, posing the risk of exposure to hazardous items
The products subject to recall were sold nationally by retailers and on the Internet, including Toys "R" Us, Babies "R" Us, and other retail stores from December 2008 through September 2010 for about $4 per pair. The Cabinet Swing Locks subject to
recall were sold two to a blister pack card and bear the item number Y7181. The products subject to recall can be
identified in several ways:
- An American Red Cross logo and the words “cabinet swing lock” are printed on the package.
- "American Red Cross" is molded onto the front of the lock.
- A product date code is printed on the bottom of the back of the package and on the back side of each latch just above the connection point.
Consumers should immediately remove the latches from cabinets and record the date code from the back of each latch. When removing the latches, consumers should take special care to store hazardous items out of the reach of children. There is no need for consumers to return the swing locks.
The First Year will provide a $5 coupon toward the purchase of another product on The First Years website for each set of affected swing locks (maximum of two sets of locks per household for online
- Help me determine if my product is included in this recall and start the remedy process.
- I'd like to review the recall announcement.